Butler–Stumpff & Dyer Funeral Homes & Crematory has provided families in Sand Springs OK and nearby areas with compassionate funeral and cremation services since 1966. Our caring staff continually work to be the best trained, most respected and deeply compassionate professionals in the funeral and cremation industry.
We are dedicated to our core values of integrity, respect, loyal relationships and excellence in service. We apply these values to our interactions with families and co-workers to provide the finest affordable funerals, cremations, and cemetery services for thousands of grateful people every year.
At Butler-Stumpff & Dyer, we help families facing the life-changing event of the death of a loved one every day. It’s our job, our career, and our passion. We’ll answer all the questions you have and help with the things you haven’t even thought of yet.
Our funeral and cremation plans are tailored to fit any budget and are among the most affordable in northeast Oklahoma. Call us at (918) 587-7000 or send us an email via our contact form for immediate assistance.
Choosing Between Funeral Home Care and Cremation Services in Sand Springs, OK
In the hours and days following the death of a loved one, there are many decisions that the surviving family must make. As the person responsible for these decisions, how do you know which decisions are right? If no pre-arranged plans were made in life by the person who has died, what kind of service should you choose for them? These deliberations can give you pause. But with the help of a professional funeral home and cremations provider in Sand Springs, OK, you’ll be able to identify whether a casket burial or cremation service is best.
The truth is there is no right or wrong decision, only preference based on the needs of the family, the known wishes of the deceased, and any other relevant points of consideration. At Butler-Stumpff & Dyer Funeral Home & Crematory, we discuss these details with families and individuals who look to us for support and guidance on the matter. When you work with our caring funeral home and cremations professionals in Sand Springs, OK, you’ll be given a thoughtful explanation of all your options. The most significant points of that conversation are generally focused on the benefits of each service type.
Benefits of Traditional Funeral Care
Traditional funeral services provide a sense of stability and predictability in the aftermath of what may have been an unpredictable death. Even if it was expected, a funeral service with casket and burial is a proven means to an end of life care, generally consisting of the following components:
- Viewing: Those who grieve the loss of the person who has died can gather together to see the remains and to say their last goodbyes. Family and friends can quietly visit and support one another in their grief at this gathering. These caring conversations help individuals not to feel so alone under the weight of their grief. It helps to know that others who loved the deceased person in life are experiencing similar pain at their loss. The community provides strength to carry on. A viewing is also helpful to those who attend in disbelief, not having yet felt the reality that death has occurred. Upon seeing the body of their fallen loved one, the truth sets in and healing and adjustment to life without the person can begin.
- Funeral Gathering: A farewell service of the deceased is a way to pay tribute to the fallen. The service can be held in any meeting format, formal or informal, and at any location desired. The intent of the service is to remember the person who has died, to be reminded of their story, personality, character, victories, and lessons learned. In this way, those who attend can take a small part of their story and internalize it into their own.
- Graveside Ceremony: Not all funerals open this to the public. It is sometimes reserved for family and close friends. After the funeral, the casket and remains of the deceased are taken to their final plot, where a few final words may be spoken, and attendees witness their loved one as they are laid to final rest.
Benefits of Modern Cremation Services
Cremation services can be a meaningful way to care for a loved one in death. Many families choose this method of disposition for the following reasons:
- Cost: Cremation care is generally much less expensive than a casket burial. This cost reduction is because there is no need to buy a cemetery plot, casket, or embalming services. This makes cremation a smart choice for many families with a limited budget.
- Memorial Service: Once the body has been cremated, a memorial service can be held at a later date. Unlike a funeral, there are no physical remains present at a memorial. This benefits the families by allowing them to schedule the memorial at a convenient time for all who wish to attend.
- Environment: Many are concerned with the health of the planet. They want their final act to be one of caring for the earth by minimizing the impact their death has on it. A cremation service is viewed as less damaging than embalming and casket burial.
- Ash Scattering: Cremation provides options of where a person can be laid to final rest. Some wish their remains to be scattered in a quiet place, others to be buried in an ash garden, placed in a columbarium niche, or made into keepsake jewelry or monuments. A cemetery burial cannot provide this flexibility.
- Transportability: Ashes of the deceased can be taken from place to place. In our mobile society, families appreciate this benefit when they move to distant places.
Quality Funeral Home and Cremations Care in Sand Springs, OK
Butler-Stumpff & Dyer Funeral Home & Crematory is a full-service funeral home, providing dignified care to families in their hour of need. For compassionate funeral home and cremations support in Sand Springs, OK, come and see us. Our facility is at 2103 E 3rd St Tulsa, OK 74104. Call today for help at (918) 587-7000.