Albert Leslie “Sugar” Winter Jr., a 62-year old retired United States Marine, passed away April 30, 2011 in Tulsa, Oklahoma, his city of residence. He was born March 24, 1949 in Elgin, Illinois to Albert Leslie Winter and Delores Troyke. Albert is survived by his mother, Delores King; his children, Shannon Mastro (Thomas) and Angelisa Riggsby (Tracy); siblings, Larry Winter, Jerry King (Lynn), and Teresa Freiburger (Robert); grandchildren, Amanda Mastro and Dakota Riggsby; and his nieces and nephews, Andrea Winter, Brian Winter, Kristen Gutierrez, Jason King, and Jody Freiburger. He is preceded by his father and his grandparents, George and Ruth Troyke. A graveside service will be held at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, May 6, 2011 at Fort Gibson National Cemetery followed by a memorial service at 1:00 p.m. at the American Legion Post 1 located at 1120 E. 8th St., Tulsa, OK 74120. Memorial donations in memory of Sugar can be made to the American Legion Post 1 in Tulsa.
- Date & Time: May 06, 2011 (1:00 PM)
- Venue: American Legion Post 1
- Location: 1120 E 8TH ST Tulsa, OK 74120 - (Get Directions)
- Date & Time: May 06, 2011 (10:00 AM)
- Venue: Fort Gibson National Cemetery
- Location: 1423 Cemetery Rd. Fort Gibson, OK 74434 - (Get Directions)