Charlene was born November 28, 1935 to Rosie Lee (nee Marshall) and Wade Thompson, Jr in Harris, OK. Born to a spiritual mother, Charlene accepted Christ at an early age and spent her years being a reflection of His love and understanding.
Charlene graduated from Booker T Washington High School in Idabel, OK. Charlene married Henry Lee Hawthorne becoming a wonderful mother to herchildren. With her family, she settled in Tulsa, OK after living in Phoenix, AZ for a while. She is proceeded in death by her parents Rosie Lee McClellon (Harris, OK) and Wade Thompson, Jr (Amherst, VA), brothers Edward and Leon Moore (Tulsa, OK), and Clyde Thompson (Amherst, VA), daughter Jacqueline Hawthorne (Tulsa, OK), and son Larry Hawthorne (Tulsa, OK).
She leaves to mourn 6 living children: Dorothy (Willie) Willis (Tulsa, OK), Anthony Hawthorne (Little Rock, AR), Kathy Harrison, Alfred Ray Hawthorne (Greta), Henry Lee Hawthorne, Jr (Tulsa, OK), William Tottress (Tulsa, OK), her sister Verna Moore (Harris, OK), 27 grandchildren, and a host of great grandchildren, great-great grandchildren, nieces, nephews, cousins, and friends.
- Date: February 12, 2022
- Venue: Green Acres Cemetery
- Location: 12410 North Yale Avenue Skiatook, OK 74070 - (Get Directions)
- Date & Time: February 12, 2022 (1:00 PM)
- Venue: Mt. Rose Baptist Church
- Location: 1137 N. MLK Blvd. Tulsa, Oklahoma - (Get Directions)
- Date & Time: February 11, 2022 (3:00 PM - 8:00 PM)
- Venue: Butler-Stumpff & Dyer Funeral Home & Crematory
- Location: 2103 E 3rd St Tulsa, OK 74104 - (Get Directions)