Harold “Buzzy” Watkins was born in Tulsa August 11, 1942. He attended Tulsa Public Schools and graduated from Booker T. Washington High School in 1960. He entered the United States Air Force and was honorably discharged in 1967. He was a graduate of Northeastern State University and earned a degree in Accounting. He met and married Pearl “Goldie” Watkins May 3, 1969 and they were married for 43 years. And to this union, two children were born: Harold Douglas Watkins Jr. and Cashada “Shay” Watkins. His mother, father, and sister preceded him in death. Buzzy and Goldie left Tulsa and resided in Spring, Texas, then Littleton, Colorado, and Houston, Texas, where they resided for 16 years until deciding to relocate back to Tulsa. Buzzy retired from Shell Oil Company after 25 years of service and Cox Communications after 5 years of service. He served as President of the Trustees Board at Wesley United Methodist Church. He leaves to mourn, his wife: Goldie: 2 children: Doug and Shay; 2 grandchildren: Britney and Alex; sister: Rose; 3 sisters-in-law: Joan Mason Shockley, Doris Colbert, Deborah Eastman; and a host of nieces, nephews, cousins, and friends. Condolences may be sent through the guest book on this page.
- Date & Time: April 19, 2013 (11:00 AM)
- Venue: Wesley United Methodist Church
- Location: 2750 N. Cincinnati Ave. Tulsa, OK 74106 - (Get Directions)
- Date & Time: April 18, 2013 (4:00 PM - 8:00 PM)
- Venue: Butler-Stumpff & Dyer Funeral Home & Crematory
- Location: 2103 E 3rd St Tulsa, OK 74104 - (Get Directions)