John Edward Wilson passed away at his home in Casper, Wyoming on March 28, 2014 at the age of 65. A man’s man, he loved the outdoors, John Wayne and country music. The only thing that he loved more than John Wayne was his family. Johnny served his country faithfully and honorably with service that included more than 3 years in the US Army in which he was awarded the Vietnam Cross of Gallantry along with many other decorations of honor. Johnny was born in Tulsa, Oklahoma to George and Helen Wilson who preceded him in death. He is survived by his three sons, Jonas Wade Wilson of IL, John Wayne Wilson of AK, and Joshua Wyatt Wilson of OK. He is also survived by his two sisters to which he was very close to; Mary K. York of Sand Springs and Georgia H. Darnell of Middleburg, NC. Johnny is also survived by a host of grandchildren and nieces and nephews. Johnny was a man that never met a stranger. He could always light up a room with his presence. He will be deeply missed by his family and many good friends.
- Date & Time: April 04, 2014 (1:00 PM)
- Venue: Floral Haven Memorial Gardens
- Location: 6500 S 129th E Ave. Broken Arrow, OK 74012 - (Get Directions)
- Date & Time: April 03, 2014 (2:00 PM)
- Venue: Butler-Stumpff & Dyer Funeral Home & Crematory
- Location: 2103 E 3rd St Tulsa, OK 74104 - (Get Directions)