Willie and Katherine Lewis’ loving union produced nine children. The ninth of those children was born August 10, 1958 in Tulsa, Oklahoma. They named him Steven Wayne Lewis. Steven accepted Christ as his Lord and Savior at an early age uniting with St. Luke Baptist Church. After attending several other churches, he reunited back with St. Luke. Steven attended Tulsa Public Schools: Ralph Bunche, Marion Anderson and Raymonds McClain High School, graduating in 1976. After his formal education he enlisted in the United States Army. He received an honorable discharge from the Army. While in the army he learned to cook. He held several jobs cooking – his last job held was with Braun’s. His parents and two brothers preceded him in death. Remaining to cherish his memory are two brothers: Willie C. Lewis (Yvonne) and Theroda Lewis; four sisters: Maerine Davis, Anna L. Lewis, Maggie Northington and Ada P. Lewis, all of Tulsa, Oklahoma; one aunt: Selena Booker Sample of West Memphis, Arkansas; as well as a host of nieces, nephews, cousins and friends. On October 3rd, 2011, Steven answered his Savior’s call to come home and take his needed rest.
- Date & Time: October 07, 2011 (1:00 PM)
- Venue: St. Luke Baptist Church
- Location: 2607 North Rockford Tulsa, OK 74106 - (Get Directions)
- Date & Time: October 06, 2011 (2:00 PM - 8:00 PM)
- Venue: Butler-Stumpff & Dyer Funeral Home & Crematory
- Location: 2103 E 3rd St Tulsa, OK 74104 - (Get Directions)