Vernice Long was born on July 5, 1923 to Bonnie and Ella Baker. Vernice’s mother died when she was a very young child. Vernice was raised by her father and step-mother. She was married to her husband of 35 years, William (Bill) Long. They moved to Tulsa in 1952. Vernice and Bill adopted their daughter Regina Long Washington. Vernice loved reading her Bible and quoting scripture. She is preceded in death by her parents, Bonnie and Ella and her step-mother Gertrude Baker; husband William Long; daughter: Regina Washington; seven brothers: Checota Daniels of Tulsa, Taylor Baker of Tulsa, Jerry Baker of Arkansas, Robert Baker of Tulsa, Aaron Baker of Tulsa, Bonnie Baker of Tulsa and Ezel Thomas of Tulsa; four sisters: L. B. Davis of California, Martha Mills of Tulsa, Ernavea Young of California and Fannie Thomas of California.Vernice leave behind to cherish her memory her brother: Isom Baker of Tulsa; sister-in-laws: Ruby Baker of Arkansas, Joy Long of Texas; brother-in-laws: Herald Long of Texas, George Long of California; niece and nephew: Kathy and Richard Koch of Tulsa and a host of other nieces, nephews, friends and church family.
- Date & Time: June 03, 2017 (1:00 PM)
- Venue: Greater Union Baptist Church
- Location: 955 East 36th Street North Tulsa, OK 74106 - (Get Directions)
- Date & Time: June 02, 2017 (12:00 PM - 8:00 PM)
- Venue: Butler-Stumpff & Dyer Funeral Home & Crematory
- Location: 2103 E 3rd St Tulsa, OK 74104 - (Get Directions)